Re: [opensuse-project] GSoC 2011: Bug reporting tool.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

on Dienstag, 22. März 2011, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:
What I'd consider more important is a duplicate check - based on
the package (and repo?) and/or on the summary of the bugreport.

I'm not sure how accurate an automated check based on the summary
would be, but I'm thinking about a scenario like this:
 - User wants to report a bug for package Foo
 - the tools shows him a list with short descriptions of the already
reported bugs for the Foo package
 - he _decides_ if it's been already posted or not;

Yes, that basically sounds like a good way.

The problem is that bugzilla does not know about packages, so you'll
need an interesting[tm] method for searching and sorting the results.
(Often the bugreports contain the package name in the summary or a
comment.)

Maybe there is a bugzilla field that could be re-purposed for packages?

That, or maybe an auto generated header in the bug summary?