Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Crazy idea - use bugzilla metrics to gauge quality?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:43:30 +0100
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:26:46 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

track number of changes per subsystem, as well as number of bugs
reported. Could be further qualified with severities, amount of
activity, reason for closing etc.

You would probably also want to identify differences between changes
introduced as enhancements vs. changes introduced to fix defects.
Just saying that a subsystem hasn't changed isn't good if it could be
enhanced and made better.

Jim

Yes, absolutely, changes ought to be qualified just as bugs are. There
are also significant, revolutionary changes such as rsyslog, systemd,
plymouth, mariadb, libreoffice and plymouth that would/could be counted
differently.

I'm not sure how we get control or stats of the changes that are
happening, but that might have to wait until we can say "we need better
change control in order to have better quality management".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.9°C)