Re: [opensuse-project] Crazy idea - use bugzilla metrics to gauge quality?
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:54:56AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
On opensuse-factory, Marco Calistri wrote:

P.S. Too many bug reports, perhaps should be better awaiting a bit
more for a GM release.

Let me throw in a crazy idea - could we use bugzilla metrics to gauge
the quality of an upcoming release? Could we perhaps even use them to
delay if the numbers don't meet our requirements?

Some possible metrics:

# of bugs in status [x,y,z] in subsystem [a,b,c].
# of bugs with priority or severity [x]

Comments?

This is already done Novell internally by the support department, but I think
I am not allowed to share the measurements here.

However I am not a fan of measuring quality with bugzilla bugs, although I can
think that this type of statistics can give a hint if something is utterly
wrong. I would say a difference of less than 10% would not mean much.

--
Bye,

Stephan Barth

Novell Technical Services, Worldwide Support Services Linux
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuremberg