Re: [opensuse-project] Contributors', developers' HOWTO ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:21:03 +0100
Christian Boltz wrote:

Hello,

on Montag, 14. März 2011, Per Jessen wrote:
Besides, my patch was accepted upstream more than a year ago, so the
nasm devel project seems to a little shorthanded - part of why I
thought I might as well do it myself.

Did upstream release a new version that includes your patch already?

Yes, although I don't know when.

If yes, please point the maintainer to the new version (or send a
submitrequest that includes the new version) instead of just adding
your patch. This way avoids the need to add and maintain the patch
(and remove it later when the version update is finally done).
Additionally, the new version probably brings more fixes and new
features that are not part of your patch.

I intend to upgrade our nasm from 2.07 to 2.09.07.

Note that I don't even know what nasm does - so please take the above
as general hint ;-)

nasm is the netwide assembler.

(AJ already pointed you to some howtos, so the above should be
understandable now ;-)

Yes, I've been doing some reading. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.3°C)