  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:06:25 +0100
Oddball wrote:

Op 14-03-11 10:55, jdd schreef:
Le 14/03/2011 10:52, Helen South a écrit :

Realistically, why Latin? I studied it for a couple of years, and
still think it's rather pretentious.
because it's the most international/neutral (many text examples in
help are latin)

and nobody else do use it :-)

jdd

The Romans ruled a large part of the existng world, and the Katholic
Church: Rome ruled even longer...
I think that all the crimes they commited during all those centuries
of reign, are not to be rewarded by openSUSE,

Don't worry, the BBC and the worlds monarchies have been "rewarding" the
Romans for centuries. (they all been using roman numerals for the
longest time). Regardless, if the use of a certain kind of numerals is
or could be seen as a reward or recognition, we'll probably want to
avoid the arabic numerals too - their users include all kind of
criminals throughout history.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.4°C)