  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:31:58 +0100
James Mason wrote:

Internally, I'd like to just make the codenames more obvious. How
many people know the current release (officially 11.4) is codenamed
'Celadon' ?

Not many (until they install it).

The long history of using green shades/objects is neutral and unique.

Even if not always language-neutral. (lysegrøn is a shade of green in
my mothertongue).

Lets stick with what works.

Well, let's keep the codename a codename (if it's of any use), but that
still leaves the question of how to name our releases?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.1°C)