Re: [opensuse-project] Keys to Social APIs, who should generate them
On Friday, March 04, 2011 02:22:33 PM Chuck Payne wrote:
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:13:38 PM Marcus Rueckert wrote:
On 2011-03-03 11:08:01 +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
GNOME3 (and potential KDE?) includes libsocialweb, a social data
aggregator that was used by MeeGo to provide the Social Services.
It has now moved home from under the banner of MeeGo, to under the
banner of GNOME. From the outset, the distributor would need to
generate the relevant API keys - this is something that I did when
I packaged up Smeegol.

The question I have is, now that it is no longer being going to be
rolled out as part of Smeegol but openSUSE proper, who should be
responsible for the keys? Should it be Novell, Non-Novell, or a
team that comprises a mix of both, like say the GNOME team or
similar? There are six (6) keys that need to be
generated/maintained/managed: Twitter, Facbook, Last.fm, Flickr,
Digg, MySpace

The reason for asking is that someone needs to be responsible for
any misuse, updates, changes etc as required by the service.

the opensuse board and later the opensuse foundation at least for the
opensuse part. for SLE i think the desktop team should create their
own keys.

This is one option, the could also delegate it or we all agree on who
collects them.

I volunteer to take care of this, let me check quickly with the
board... Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,
aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi | Identica:

Andreas, can you be a bit clearer for me. I know we have a team of
people that take care of twitter and facebook, but I am not sure what
you are saying.

We speak about applications that need to register a key with e.g.faceboook
before users can use them. We have to do this once for every application
before our users can then use the apps and authenticate them in
e.g.facebook to access their data.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany