Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing openSUSE Tumbleweed project
On 2010-11-30 09:11:04 (-0800), Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
There's been many discussions over the past years about a "rolling
update" version of openSUSE on lots of different mailing lists and in
person a different conferences.
So the time now is to stop talking about it, and actually trying to do
it :)
[...]
So, any thoughts, ideas, objections?

Excellent idea!
Just needs to be filled with manpower now ;)

I think it's pretty clear how we could make rolling updates work, thanks
to the awesomeness of the build service.
But what should it include? The same as a shipped openSUSE release?
More?
Isn't it an "up-to-date and stable core system" + everything that's a
stable release of anything on build.o.o ?
Where do we draw the line ?
Certainly something that needs some thought, opinions and discussion.

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill