[opensuse-project] Announcing my Candidacy for openSUSE Board
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:29:53 -0600
A year ago, I was honored to be voted in as a new member of openSUSE's
Community Board. That election had a stunning 75% voter turnout, and to
have been a part of that historic occasion which also marked the
beginning of the very first-ever community elected Board.

A lot of things have happened in the past year and openSUSE continues
its momentum in becoming a more community-driven project. Our stake in
openSUSE has become more and more significant and our need to be
continually involved in this great Project of ours is ever-more
important.

I have not been able to complete all of my goals for the Board and the
Project because it was, quite obviously, a building year for all of us.
But know this, my commitment and dedication to the Project remains as
strong as ever. And I intend to continue to push my initiatives, which
in fact, are your initiatives so that we can continue to be proud of the
product of our work. Yes all of us work together on this.

My first term, a one-year term, is now coming to an end. But, I'm not
done yet. I am now officially and formally announcing my candidacy for
re-election to the openSUSE Board for a 2-year and final term.

I promise you, in the coming weeks, I will continue to blog and discuss
my positions, and my accomplishments/tasks leading up to the election.
I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet many of you at the recent
openSUSE Conference in Germany who have gotten to know me and my
positions. And I'm looking forward to meeting and talking to more of
you all in the future, including many of our newest members of openSUSE.

Thank you, and may we once again have a very exciting and productive
election cycle.

Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member - 2008 - 2009
Candidate for openSUSE Board Member - 2009-2011