Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Matt Gray <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:36:24 +0100
Joe Harmon wrote:

Let me just ask one thing. If we were talking about having GNOME be the
default as a resolution to this issue, would the KDE supporters be taking the
same stance? I don't think that they would. I think the argument to keep it
as not selected and provide the customer with a better option to make a
choice. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying make GNOME the default selection
either. I am just saying, try and put yourself in their shoes and see if you
really feel the same way if the decision was reversed. I think this is just
causing more issues than it is "supposed" to be trying to resolve.

Given the current reality of more than twice as many KDE users than
Gnome, yes i would object to such a decision.

If those statistics were reversed then i like to believe that i would
(grudgingly) accept Gnome as the default if the opensuse board decided
that a default desktop would be beneficial to opensuse.