Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: "Joe Harmon" <jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:28:54 -0600
On 8/25/2009 at 10:03 AM, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree that Novell would like to have those products seen as independent,
yet
to hush up the current state is not going to change anything but creating a
mindset within Novell which does not necessarily correspond with how Novell
is
seen from the outside which in turn can be quite dangerous when it comes to
decision making based on that mindset.

No one is trying to hush up anything. The issue is that regardless of the fact
that there are Novell employees that participate in the community, those who
made the decision for that are not on this list (afaik). Therefore you are
asking the community and the Novell employees within participate within that
community to do something about a decision that isn't ours to make. If you want
me to forward your concerns on to those people I can do so but the point is
that the discussion is about openSUSE and not about SLE.

Joe