Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:03:31 -0500
On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 18:56 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Friday 21 August 2009 17:29:48 Vincent Untz wrote:
We do have something like this:
http://en.opensuse.org/Statistics

It doesn't report anything on the "which desktop is more popular?"
topic, though.

Do we want that? If we agree it's important I'm sure we can put
desktop specific updates online for the sake of counting :)

Greetings, Stephan

Frankly, even that would be misleading. I use GNOME but as a matter of
practice, I install both KDE and GNOME when I set up my machines. While
I don't use KDE, I do still get and download KDE updates whenever
available. And don't get me started on whether unique IPs is an
accurate count either, although it's probably the best metric we can
come up with.

I think it would be more interesting to know how many have just one DE
versus multiple DE's.

--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member