Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jason Perlow <jperlow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:16:40 -0400
I presume this survey is performed in an elective a poll-type fashion?

If it doesnt exist already, I think that at least in the next version
of OpenSUSE, you should have some sort of part of the install
procedure that reports the desktop being used to a centralized
database, and finds out how long the installation has been "alive".
This at least should happen every time the system does a zypper
update. That would allow you to have a more accurate census of how
many OpenSUSE boxes exist in the wild and what UI is being utilized.