Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:16:08 -0600
On 09/08/20 4:05 PM, Christian Jäger wrote:
I am afraid if anything this process has shown the recklessness of some
KDE community proponents and their disregard for the other big community
within the project. Bullying works. And as this behaviour has now been
shown to be a successful tactic we will certainly be seeing more of it.
Mark my words. Oh, that's not even needed, just read Mr. Schlander's
last mail.

How openSUSE as a multi-DE distribution is to survive without mutual
solidarity between the GNOME and KDE communities I don't know.

I would have to disagree. This has been a very reasonable decision. The entire community had their opportunity to present their case. It's not as if Gnome was being dropped from support or even moving it's selection to a less prominent area of the selection screen. No options were removed or crippled in a way that made it any harder to make a selection. People that use gnome will continue to do so unimpeded. Your really trying hard to make a mountain of a molehill. If people get so offended over a bullet being preplaced then they really should grow some thicker of skin.

Dean