Re: [opensuse-project] Decision made - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:09:00 +0200
Even if you choose,  "KDE as the default",  What is wrong in showing
the screenshots of the two desktops, so that a completely un-informed
new user coming from windows, can choose whichever desktop that
appeals to him ?

If somebody does this in a good way, let's use it.

I remember that a single screenshot will not help, it's not that easy - we
need several screenshots and text.  I suggest to start on the wiki with this
and then let's see what to include during the installation (if this is
possible at all),

This is an interesting topic.. it was discussed a while back... 11.0
release?... on the mailing list. One of the issues was space vs
legibility of any screenshots. It might be worth digging up that
thread out of the archives.

C.