Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
  • From: Dinar Valeev <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:35:18 +0200
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Peter Czanik<pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Main reason gives the openSUSE statistics page [1] the number for ppc
installations:
ppc   0,3%

Two of those are my machines. Not a huge number, but openSUSE was (is)
still the  best distro for PPC, with very kind help from Olaf, not found
at any other large distro.

I also interested in ppc

How definite is this decision?

We welcome and support anyone who wants to maintain and create the ppc
distribution for openSUSE but Novell won't maintain and create it anymore for
openSUSE.

Now, that my second son is also 4+ months old, I have again some time to
do testing, but was disappointed to find, that the last factory sync is
from 22nd of July, more than three weeks old. The communication of this,
or rather the lack of it is really very ugly, I hope, this isn't what we
have to expect from the openSUSE project...
Bye,
CzP

Best

I am deeply disappointed!