Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
  • From: "Richard (MQ)" <osl2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:18:48 +0100
<michl> we (=Novell internal) don't plan to do ppc for 11.2
Main reason gives the openSUSE statistics page [1] the number for ppc
installations:
ppc 0,3%

Well, given that this is an accurate cookie count for 11.1 installations
(that's how I interpret that part of the page [1]?) I'd concede the
point that it's not exactly massively popular. 4 of those are machines
mine, anyway...

How definite is this decision?
We welcome and support anyone who wants to maintain and create the ppc
distribution for openSUSE but Novell won't maintain and create it anymore for
openSUSE.

I wish I could reliably find the time to do more than just testing and
bug reports, but my work load counts me out, especially for q3/q4 2009.
Is anyone able to step forward? I assume some help would be forthcoming
to set things up (in OBS?)

I am deeply disappointed!

That's still true :( - I'm disappointed as much by the
less-than-transparent decision processes and the off-the-cuff
"announcement" as the fact itself. Are any of these three endorsed by
the board?

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Statistics

--
Cheers