Re: [opensuse-project] More Support for the openSUSE Project
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:27:18 -0400
* Roland Haidl <rhaidl@xxxxxxx> [08-12-09 04:58]:
Now, while Novell/OPS engineering adopted to a new strategy regarding
openSUSE, we decided that the people, who Novell dedicated
to work in the openSUSE project, come under my responsibility.

Good and good for you :^)

Now we have a group of people that is exclusively dedicated to the
openSUSE project.

Better :^)

The people working in the team are all well known since they already worked a
lot in the community. I leave it up to the team to introduce itself. As
the lead of the team we nominated Klaas Freitag, who is an experienced
manager on the one hand and a community guy on the other. Henne
Vogelsang takes over the role as project manager openSUSE, and Stephan
Kulow will continue to be the release manager for the next openSUSE
distribution.

This is good new and helps display Novell's commitment to openSUSE.