Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:10:14 -0500
On Saturday 08 August 2009 05:53:26 pm Christian Jäger wrote:

What I meant to say: if anyone wants to invest work into the Gtk
file-chooser dialogue there is a perfectly great suggestion of where
this should lead. No need to re-invent the wheel (or borrow one from
KDE).

Investing work in something like that is kind of reinventing the wheel, in a
sense of wasted time.

The openSUSE has both sets of libraries, GTk and Qt, and if one desktop has
something already developed, why under the Sun is necessary that the other
spend time to code the same.
To produce lesser bloat?
That is noble idea, but I already have a bloat if I want to use the best of
Linux world, and sincerely it doesn't stop with GTk and Qt libs, there are
more that are used.

--
Regards, Rajko