Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: "Christian Jäger" <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: 9 Aug 2009 00:37:57 +0200
Hi,

I really think GNOME will do better than the KDE file-chooser dialogue;
not need to KDEify it.

http://linuxart.com/log/archives/2009/07/24/nautilus-streamlined/

Am Samstag, den 08.08.2009, 17:05 -0500 schrieb Rajko M.:

I would have nothing against GNOMEifing KDE desktop if that would be the
better solution at the end, and I would rather have long discussions on
particular issues, instead GNOME vs. KDE. First can help everybody and it is
possible to solve, while the second is typical politics, opinions without
details.

I choose to use Gnome because I like Gnome. I DO NOT use Gnome to have
the KDE style file chooser. We might have KDE as the default desktop
(in the future) , but that should not mean that we should start to
KDE'ify Gnome. If YOU would like a KDE file chooser in firefox then
you have to make one, to my understanding the reason that the file
chooser in firefox is the way it is, is because there is no other on
linux.