[opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:08:22 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:25:18 -0600, Dean Hilkewich wrote:

We are talking about defaults. Having KDE as a default will not change
that capability in any way, shape or fashion.

Agreed. But *if* (and I concede that it's a big IF) down the road a
proposal hits that suggests that "well, GNOME users can go into advanced
package selection and install GNOME that way if they want it, so go ahead
and remove GNOME from the advance package selection screen", I would like
to see a good assurance that isn't going to happen because the same logic
being used for the default argument could be used to make that argument
as well.

So as long as there's an assurance that this logic won't be used to push
that KDE agenda further, then as I've repeatedly said, I'm fine with the
default being set to KDE.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson