[opensuse-project] Re: What you vote, and what you DON'T vote on - openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 15:04:49 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:44:27 +0200, Michael Loeffler wrote:

Why don't you send them the link to the KDE-Live-CD then? Problem
solved.
Problem not solved. Still someone needs to make this decision which
Live-CD to choose.

I think it is solved, though, because the user being asked is going to
make the decision about which to recommend to the person asking.

If someone comes to me, I'm likely to say "I use GNOME and prefer it, so
I'd suggest you download the GNOME LiveCD and try it out - but if you
don't like it, there's another option in KDE, and some people like that,
so try that second if you don't like GNOME".

But knowing that if they're asking me they're also likely to come to me
if they have questions, I'm likely to push the GNOME CD harder because
it's what I know. If they use KDE, they'll likely have to find another
resource (at which point, I'll push them to the forums or the users
mailing list, depending on their level of expertise in computing.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson