Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: Dean Hilkewich <deans.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:31:56 -0600
Jim Henderson wrote:

You misunderstand my point. I don't doubt that there are more KDE users
than GNOME users, but I wonder if the gap isn't less large than it
seems. While you can look at download stats, mailing lists, etc, the
fact of the matter is that unless you survey every user who runs
openSUSE, you can't have an accurate picture of what the balance *is*.
Yes, you can have a good idea, or a high degree of certainty. That's not
the same as knowing the precise distribution of choices.

And then there are those who use both, or use applications built on
both. Like me. I use things like k3b, k9copy, and Quantas+, but use a
GNOME desktop. There are those who use both desktops as well. How do
they fit in the picture, when you look at the picture as either/or?

OK now that is really grasping at straws. Do you choose BOTH desktops
upon install? I think not. A pre-selection does not in anyway prohibit
your ability to continue using apps like k3b, k9copy etc in Gnome. Stop
trying to make this appears as a death march on gnome.

Dean Hilkewich