Re: [opensuse-project] Coming up with a good Policy ...
  • From: "jdd (kim2)" <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:22:57 +0200
Charles Kerr a écrit :

I think you must've accidentally only seen the first line of my letter.
The remaining paragraph read:

In the case of openSUSE's installation, I like the earlier idea of
a "click here for more information" button that gives a quick overview
that's been vetted by the -KDE and -GNOME projects. In that instance,
I'd still try to choose both to get 2x the goodness...

yes, I read this also, but newbies don't understand what we mean and
usually want to see first something running

after that they read the doc, eventually :-)

However it's true than when I come to Linux (1997), Gnome was not very
old and Kde neither :-)). I could not even use X on my 8/Mo RAM 486. I
went to Linux because I was fed of the competitor and accostumed with
the DOS command line.

I would vote for having command line default, but I'm not sure it's
good for most :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net