Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:52:13 +0200
Hi,

on 08/05/2009 11:35 AM Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am Dienstag 04 August 2009 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 16:04:02 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
on 08/04/2009 03:11 PM Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 15:08:54 Vincent Untz wrote:
[...]
There was this proposal at some point that many people liked:
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Jproseve/CoreMaintainerProposal

I still think it's the right way forward.
What hinders us to implement something like that?
We have to get rid of Coolo 8)
He could be part of the team - consider cloning Coolo ;)
You know what? This is history repeating.

Thats what i wanted to express. That we have the very well working role
of a release/project manager for the openSUSE distribution and we had to
get rid of that role to switch to a committee. That is whats keeping us
from implementing a committee.

I'm perfectly okay with that role making decisions alone after it
consulted the people implementing it.
And I trust you in that role 100%. I don't know anyone who does not.

So all in all, i think, for decision making about the distribution we
already have the perfect process and staffing.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson