Re: [opensuse-project] Draft of Desktop Policy
  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:51:35 +0200
Am Dienstag 04 August 2009 18:40:13 schrieb Joe Harmon:
On 8/4/2009 at 11:33 AM, Matt Gray <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The new users that we are trying to attract* wouldn't care, they just
want an option that is as easy as ubuntu manage (read: install because
they will equate one with the other)

I would say that they wouldn't know what the selection would give them, not
that they wouldn't care. How do we know which one they would or would not
prefer?

In this case to take what the majority of openSUSE users take is a good bet...

Selecting a default is not solving that problem, it is forcing a
choice upon them.

Not "forcing", "suggesting" is the better term.

Do not overestimate, what fate#306967 is about.

Herbert