Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:56:10 +0200
It usually leads to endless discussions without a clear decision, and
forces to compromises which are often not in the interest of the
distribution. You don't have to take "open decisions" in an open
project. You need to take decisions in the interest of the project, the
fact that they are open or not does not matter much.

Well it sure does matter to me, I don't expect a vote for everything opensuse
related, but I prefer knowing how a decision has been made and that the
decision has been evaluated by more then one person. I know the teams have
regular meetings and anything important gets discussed there and decided upon,
not everytime by popular vote but in an open manner...

Karsten