Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Druid <marcio.ferreira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:58:37 -0300
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 14:36:48 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi,

on 08/04/2009 02:12 PM Andreas Jaeger wrote:
My take on this is: openSUSE in general uses the technically best
solution - and this contains both features and stability - and where
that's not feasible, the most popular solution is used.

If you want to make this decision making process based on objective
criteria you have to tell us how you want to measure all this. Stating
this is only 2% of the work :)

Do you have a better proposal on what we shall do in similar situations that
will come up?  People expect that voting works - and I think we have to state
where voting will work and where not,

I dont think voting works. Maybe the decision should be made by a
technical commitee, or the release manager, or the board, I dont know.
But wide vote I dont believe it works at all.

Regards

Márcio