[opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:12:58 +0200
The whole "KDE Default" discussion raises also the question on how we
do make decisions and what is the purpose of openFATE.

My take on this is: openSUSE in general uses the technically best solution -
and this contains both features and stability - and where that's not feasible,
the most popular solution is used.

With openFATE, an evaluation of features is done and features get
marked as usefull - and then we need to decide which of these many
features get implemented. And here voting will help to reflect
popularity.

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}