  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:13:15 +0200
Am Montag 03 August 2009 23:00:59 schrieb Joe Harmon:
On 8/3/2009 at 02:14 PM, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So here's a suggestion

1) Keep the current selection page

2) KDE first and preselected followed by GNOME and others

3) KDE will not push at a later date for removing the option for GNOME or
any
other environment

Work for you?

Personally I don't have an issue with KDE being listed first but I do have
an issue with KDE being selected by default. Why not just leave it to the
user to select one or the other. I think if you have either selected by
default you run into the KDE vs GNOME wars.

Unfortunately selecting *something* useful is the reason for all this. What's
on top is secondary. And if anything is preselected it should be KDE, because
it is used by most users. That's what fate#306967 is about., nothing else.

Herbert