  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 00:56:29 +1000
On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 15:30 +0200, Peter Czanik wrote:

On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

The actual problems have *nothing* to do with the default desktop.

They *do*. We keep sending our largest user base a signal that there are
others that are considered more important for openSUSE.

My KDE fanatic friends reaction was to jump ship, when GNOME was pushed
in front and KDE back. They are now Kubuntu, Mandriva and one
adventurous went to PCBSD. I stayed with SuSE, as I use it from v4.3 and

My imaginary friends decided to jump ship when they read your email so
we should go with pre-selected GNOME from now on.

These are real guys from my University and workplace. Do you want names
and e-mail addresses? Beware, some only speak Hungarian :-) Completely
off-topic: I just learned, that the PCBSD guy switched to Frugalware (
http://frugalware.org/ ) :-)

And I'm sure we would have retained them if we went ahead with this
feature request since they don't seem to be jumping from distro to
distro at all...

Thanks,
Magnus