[opensuse-project] some numbers
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:00:46 +0200
Hi,

As some people discuss 11.0 numbers, I would like to share some numbers
about 11.1 users. So I queried the download.o.o logs for the last 3 days
(friday to sunday) to see what 11.1 repos are refreshed. Please note that
if you run the update applet and haven't set the repo to autorefresh=no, it
will see a hit in the log files, so this is fairly uptodate. I wanted to do it
for a longer period to update the "Community Repos" list, but that will take
a while, so I wanted to share what I have.

These are uniqe IPs refreshing the 11.1 repo of listed projects. The check
in front of the number says if it's in the current list of community repos,
I think there is a bias for those.

[x] 33076 mozilla
[x] 25857 OpenOffice.org:/STABLE
[x] 18994 KDE:/Community
[x] 17540 Emulators:/Wine
[x] 16417 games
[x] 14765 KDE:/Backports
[ ] 13629 KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop
[ ] 12374 devel:/tools:/building
[ ] 11952 KDE:/42
[x] 11905 X11:/Compiz
[x] 10317 drivers:/webcam
[x] 10155 Virtualization:/VirtualBox
[x] 10066 GNOME:/Community
[x] 8937 GNOME:/STABLE
[x] 8675 server:/database
[x] 7479 server:/php
[ ] 7302 KDE:/Qt
[x] 6021 Mono:/Community
[x] 4877 X11:/xfce
[x] 4468 server:/mail

I leave any interpretion up to the interested reader. Their nature is too
fragile to base any kind of argument on them. I hope I didn't make any big
mistakes in getting them. Oh: in the same 3 days 114393 IPs refreshed the 11.1
update repo - in case you want to calculate percentages.

Greetings, Stephan