Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature 306967, Moblin default ...
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 14:25:31 +0200
S√łndag den 2. august 2009 14:13:58 skrev Michael Meeks:
On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 14:06 +0200, Michael Loeffler wrote:
Due to upcoming feature freeze for openSUSE 11.2 we have only the
possibility to default the radio button to KDE.

Urk ... so my real concern here - how to get 'Moblin' listed as a third
(or more) option in the install page, is made obsolete by a feature
freeze ? [ I was really hoping we could get that in there - am I too
late ? ].

Imo it should go under "Other". I think the demand is quite possibly even
smaller than for Xfce or server installations. If a third "main" option should
be added I'd vote for server.

I even think most people installing on netbooks actually prefer a proper
desktop. Based on the success of Windows XP on netbooks and the number of
people I see replacing Xandros or Linpus Lite with other distributions with
"normal" interfaces/desktops.

Of course, in my mind, this vastly depends on whether we do
alpahabetic, or reverse alphabetic sorting in that dialog; I'm ready to
consider new names: AAAoblin and ZZZoblin (yawn) ;-)

Isn't sorting by user base an option? ... That seems to be more or less what
everyone else is doing.