  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:13:31 +0200
On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 12:25 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
By the same logic, you should get the message that all those things in
the list above are not welcomed, by the majority vote. Yet you've just
said that you do not. So again, do you have any other reason to propose
that openSUSE treats GNOME specially (that is, unequally, which is what
you claim to be against) or are you just pushing your personal agenda and
you don't want to admit it?

What? What on earth are you talking about?

I have not seen an openfate voting to select thunderbird as the preferred
mailer, for instance. What I'm seeing a vote (F 306967) against gnome, to
push kde to the primary role, officially. You call that equal terms?

First, since KDE is used by majority of users, KDE already is in the primary
role in openSUSE in practice, it is just that for political reasons this is
not admitted. Second, it is your interpretation that I am doing anything
against GNOME other than trying to make it treated equally with others,
instead of it having special priviledges. And, third, equal terms means no
special priviledges.

Oh, common!

You are trying to increase the number of users that "choose" kde by
preselecting for them "kde".

Whereas you are trying to increase the number of users that "choose" GNOME by
not preselecting anything and having "GNOME" first? This issue still goes
both ways.

Instead of fair competition, you are creating prewriten votes with the vote
you want.

I'm afraid I don't comprehend what this sentence is supposed to mean.

But, again, you argue with "fair", yet you are fine with GNOME having special
priviledges that others don't have.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer