  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:27:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 11:18 +0200, jdd (kim2) wrote:

Carlos E. R. a écrit :

But this proposal intends to say, that someone is more welcomed than
others, instead of all are welcomed equally. Thats bad and ugly.

this thread is so long I don't know exacltly at what question you try
to answer :-)

That's easy to know, just use a threaded mail program ;-)

However, supposing it's to the main thread subject, I think openSUSE
should have a default GUI, whathever you want (I don't bother it being
Gnome or Kde), of course retaining all the present options.

we should be able to know what somebody say when he say "I installed
all by default" on phone call or mail

No, I don't think so. One of the main points of Linux is having choices, and the sooner the new user realizes that, the better.

And anyway, even if someone says that he installed all by default, he will soon enough depart from that. Will then gnome users, which would not be the default install, be pushed back from support as second citizens, because they didn't install the default? Same as if you open a box voiding the warranty?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >