Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 00:14:12 -0500
On Monday 04 May 2009 07:15:52 pm Mark V wrote:

No one has raised an objection to end-of-life YY-MM naming.
I agree that it is a (very?) different idea.

For instance Amaranth, release Nov 2009, support ends Nov 2011.

It is a bit too long for the name, but I think it is worth to think how to
make support term more visible, as number of problems can be avoided if users
know from day one how long it will last, instead to leave that hidden in depth
of wiki, and leave newcomers, that are used to other software vendors that
quit support as soon as new release is out, to panic when some package is
dropped out of openSUSE.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/