Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 21:27:01 +0200
Andrew Wafaa wrote:
if we go for a code name use it only as a pet name rather than the primary
name.

As far I understood it from the thread, people are suggesting to use
code names as an extension to the (unchanged) numbering scheme.

Example:

11.2 Amaranth
11.3 Burgundy
12.0 Crimson
12.1 Denim
12.2 Emerald
12.3 Fuchsia
... you get the idea ... :-)

This might send a signal to the community that:

* each openSUSE release is individual & unique
* major changes do not happen only in x.0 releases
* x.0 is not less mature than the others
* x.1,2,3 are not just updates to the previous ones

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12