[opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Meeting Minutes
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:49:55 +0100
Hi folks,

plese find below the combined meeting minutes of 2 meetings of the
openSUSE Board. Next Board meeting will be (was) held on March 25. For
questions, topics the Board should address etc. please send an email
to board@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best

Board Meeting Feb 25
9pm - 11pm CET,
Federico Mena Quintero (federico3)
Hendrik Vogelsang (henne)
Michael Löffler (michl)
Bryen Yunashko (suseROCKs)
Joe Brockmeier (zonker)

Board Meeting March 11
8:15 - 10pm CET
Hendrik Vogelsang (henne)
Michael Löffler (michl)
Bryen Yunashko (suseROCKs)
Pascal Bleser (yaloki)

Meeting chair: michl

Old AI's: spotlight
AI: henne
WIP - with IS&T Provo spotlight

Member approval
- henne and yaloki want to hack the thing that it becomes more
efficient
- for now another round of manually importing from users.o.o into the
board wiki is needed
Note: meanwhile approx 90 member requests are imported and get
reviewed
AI: henne/yaloki

Improve IRC cloak and email address handling
is it possible to let the cloak stuff be handled by somebody
non-Novell? We need a second or third group admin to handle IRC
cloaks beside of darix
- yaloki volunteers to be the second group admin (called group
contact)
- federico/suseROCKs will ping or meet darix to get knowledge what has
to be done and tries to attract some people helping darix
AI: federico/suseROCKs

Trademark guide lines
The guide lines are meanhwile published. This is a first step in the
right direction. Any improvements should be written down here:
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines_use_cases
Anyone who is not covered by the trademark guidelines but wants to use
the trademark should ask for usage at permission@xxxxxxxxxxx The
openSUSE board has a major say to give permission or not. Novell
legal will track and archive the requests.

Current requests
- ixsoft
- openSUSE Education project
- Benji's software portal
- opensuse.ch
- suseromania.ro

downlaod.o.o outage (March 10)
the board should be informed about outages
We should improve communication in kind of: we have an issue, we're
working on it, the service is back. Just without the live report
style from an accident.

hosting sw of projects at opensuse.org
WIP - need additional hardware
AI: michl/zonker to clarify who may sponsor this?

openSUSE conference
Please send any ideas to zonker.
We need to set up a frame work (session, topics, key notes) this
month, plan enough roome/time for free discussion. Then announce it
and open the call for papers. first: organizational frame
AI: zonker
--
Michael Löffler, Product Management
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: