Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 12:08:26 -0600
On Wednesday 17 December 2008 12:57:49 am Andreas Jaeger wrote:
"Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
[...]
It is getting hard to follow 6 months release cycle.
I barely had time to see 11.0 and it is already candidate for deletion.

I hear on the other hand also suggestions for openSUSE to go on a
planned 6-month release cycle like Ubuntu and Fedora does - and release
say every November and May.

Is that something we should do for the future (after 11.2) - or what is
the best way to do releases in general?

Whatever will be release cycle length the load should be proportional to
available number of people that will test it and later on maintian it.

It would be good to try testing focused on the part of the system.
Bootloader, kernel, X and desktop are important to everyone. Focusing all
testers on fewer important parts will create reliable base system. With that
system set in low speed everybody can go and test favorite applications.

Upstream development will for sure benefit from more testers and that as a
common interest can help to synchronize major projects, with smaller
following the trend.

--
Regards, Rajko