Re: [opensuse-project] Prerelease Torrent files (not ISOs) for openSUSE11.1?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:43:27 +0100
Richard (MQ) wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:

I'm just now downloading the i586 DVD via cdn.novell.com (via an
akamai site in Germany - I've got a fairly steady downstream rate of
+400kb/sec, occasionally hitting 500kb/sec, but also with lengthy
periods with less than 100kb/sec. I'll let you know what the total
time is when it's done in about 4 hours.
I think the local Switch mirror would be faster though.

Lucky you! My supposedly 8 Mbps ADSL connection managed 400 kBps
(~4Mbps) for an hour or so early yesterday evening before dropping to
100 kBps (~1Mbps) consistently overnight. That's the total link
traffic with aria2c simultaneously getting the 3 DVD images, mainly by
torrents.

My ADSL is nominally 5632/640kbps - the numbers I qouted are for a
straight HTTP download - I feel certain a torrent would be slower.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich