Re: [opensuse-project] Prerelease Torrent files (not ISOs) for openSUSE11.1?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:25:45 +0100
Martin Lasarsch wrote:

? software.o.o was the last time quite stable and reachable iirc. The
plan is again to have a window of approx. 30h where we don't redirect
the requests to the mirrors, instead you can download the iso's from
akamai, with full speed.

Use software.o.o, don't use torrent or mirrors. Let's try to break the
200TB mark this time :-)

I'm just now downloading the i586 DVD via cdn.novell.com (via an akamai
site in Germany - I've got a fairly steady downstream rate of
+400kb/sec, occasionally hitting 500kb/sec, but also with lengthy
periods with less than 100kb/sec. I'll let you know what the total
time is when it's done in about 4 hours.
I think the local Switch mirror would be faster though.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich