Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:01:37 +1100
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 07:57 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
"Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]
It is getting hard to follow 6 months release cycle.
I barely had time to see 11.0 and it is already candidate for deletion.

I hear on the other hand also suggestions for openSUSE to go on a
planned 6-month release cycle like Ubuntu and Fedora does - and release
say every November and May.

Is that something we should do for the future (after 11.2) - or what is
the best way to do releases in general?

I'm all for the "release often" bit of it, especially if we're going to
keep our current structure were we combine everything on one DVD. The
reason for that is mostly due to more hardware supported by the kernel.
If we don't release a new version of openSUSE every ~6 months, we
would/should come up with a new structure, such as the one I proposed
already (where we have a base DVD that can be released often and have
the DE environments as add-ons and they would be released whenever there
is a new version available).

Cheers,
Magnus