Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:02:59 +0100
Onsdag 17 december 2008 07:57:49 skrev Andreas Jaeger:
I hear on the other hand also suggestions for openSUSE to go on a
planned 6-month release cycle like Ubuntu and Fedora does - and release
say every November and May.

Is that something we should do for the future (after 11.2) - or what is
the best way to do releases in general?

I'm for the 7-9 month schedule.

Especially if short release cycles are supposed to be as chaotic as the last
one, and leading to a similarly Fedora'esque release quality. But maybe
shorter release cycles with smaller changes would lead to better quality -
still not clear to me what went wrong this time.