Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:10:21 -0600
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 08:28 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
If we do DE based releases, problem would be solved (ie, release
openSUSE 11.2, KDE Edition when the KDE Devs/Community feels it's ready,
and likewise for GNOME). What it might mean is that this time around,
the KDE edition is released a month or two prior to the GNOME edition.
Next time around, it might be the same, or the other way around.
Perhaps that will create an administrative night mare and all the
mirrors will come after us etc etc. I don't know.

But at that point, we might as well just choose one desktop environment
as the default (which I'm NOT advocating, BTW). I don't know if the
mirrors will come after ya, but I have an idea the Marketing team
will ;-). Seriously, managing two different versions of the same
"version" being released would confuse even some Linux users :-)
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>