Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:26:26 +0100
On Tuesday, 16. December 2008 03:53:27 Kevin Dupuy wrote:

The only concern I have is whether we'll make the fall GNOME release,
but I suppose we can't please everyone, and we've narrowly missed some
KDE releases in the past, so it'sprobably our turn ;-).

I don't want to start a flame war but to me the current changes in GNOME2 in
each release look rather non-critical to the ordinary user (read, they are
more nice to have features).

In opposite KDE currently does a bigger jump with each KDE4 release and (re-)
adds undebatable important features (read, not being in sync with the release
either causes backport efforts or noticeably hurts users not having latest).

Looking forward to not miss a new KDE4 release by one or two months the third
time in a row :-)...

Bye,
Steve