RE: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:24:53 +0000
Hopefully we (the GNOME Team) can ensure that we have a solid and working build
of the latest and greatest from the land of GNOME, which should be able to
bridge any gap that may occur with release cycles.

Having a release skip a DE isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I'm sure
some will disagree quite vicifoursly. As long as both the KDE and GNOME teams
have a well defined plan we can show the outside (and inside) world how we
intend on improving things without having the latest release in the distro.
The fact that we will have it available as a backport, with full support from
the respective communities, is a major step forward - yes the KDE team have led
the way here ;-)

Regards,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for the top post, silly mobile client.

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: GNOME / Marketing.
awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.wafaa.eu