Re: [opensuse-project] Projects
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:13:27 +0100
Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

* Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-18-08 12:40]:
Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

* Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-18-08 04:56]:

I agree with this.

And I wonder how the build server is really meant to be used as a
collaboration tool. I think having a clear common picture of that
would give me a better understanding of what is really missing.

Perhaps prior to an individual introducing a package, that package
particulars should be broadcast to a wiki/database for simi-automagic

s/simi/semi :^)

yes. see, you understand what I want to say :)

Ahhh, your spelling resembles mine :^)
or you have another agenda

oh puleese, ankle comes close enough to angle doesn't it ;) ?

So where's that place where we put this thinking down in a
structured way that at the end gives us not just technology but a
way to jointly provide prepackaged, tested open source software?
On the distro of your choice? And as part of openSUSE proper?

Appears the need for another wiki page with a call for
collaboration. There definitely needs to be an easy way to help
channel work efforts away from duplications.

I'd volunteer to start that effort, along the lines I've described iff
I can anticipate interest and contribution for such writings.

I love the technology we create and I think it will greatly benefit
from a more structured description of whom we are doing this for, what
we want to achieve for these users, how they interact using the build
service and how specifically it's supposed to be used.

S.
--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5