[opensuse-project] Projects
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:20:19 +0100 (CET)
All,

I was looking via: http://software.opensuse.org/search trough different
packages in OBS. I saw that there quite a few duplicate projects. Some
with identical new versions and some with old versions.

I saw there are also quite a few overlaps with the fwbuilder package that
I also have in OBS.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to consolidate packages in groups so
that more people can put effort in building packages and bundle their
knowledge to get the best out of it. Currently a lot of people put a lot
of time in "duplicate" packages.

I'm wondering wouldn't it be better to start for for instance fwbuilder a
security project that can be maintained by joined effort of people? In
that way more package can be maintained in OBS I think?

If this option if feaseble what is the best way to accomplish this?
The project ofcourse needs to be created. Shall the individual OBS builder
contact the other OBS builder?

Regards,

Joop Boonen.