[opensuse-project] FYI I'm retiring from the board...
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:59:25 +0200

FYI, I published yesterday at:

I have served as chairperson of the openSUSE board the last year and
would like to announce that I decided to pass the honours on for the
next election period. I’ve made this decision out of personal plans for
the next year that will not allow me to devote as much time to the board
as it deserves since I’ll be some time on paternity leave.

In my professional role I will stay involved with the openSUSE project
and I will support the new chairperson fully to make a smooth
transition. The new chairperson will be announced at the same time as
the new board members, at the end of this election.

I enjoyed being openSUSE chairperson - working together with excellent
board members (thanks Coolo, Federico, Francis, and Pascal), internal
and external community members to move openSUSE forward in areas like
openSUSE “members” (I would really love to see a better name), forums,
the distribution, marketing (getting Zonker onboard was part of it) and
also getting these elections setup.

Btw. I have given some comments (like here) on the board previously.

Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany