[opensuse-project] Update on the Code of Conduct
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:28:26 -0600
Hi, everyone,

Sorry for not sending this out before... I had it sitting forever in my
to-do list :)

A couple of project meetings ago, we discussed and clarified the
proposed Code of Conduct [1]. Thanks to the comments of people, we
decided that it was not necessary to have a separate set of rules other
than what we have in the Guiding Princples. Also, I was a total idiot
and had forgotten about our existing moderation structure; the updated
version acknowledges them, and puts the Board only as a last resort way
of resolving conflicts.

In the end, the Code of Conduct is simply a quote from a paragraph in
the Guiding Principles:

http://en.opensuse.org/Code_of_Conduct

That page means to have links to the relevant sub-guides for each
communications medium (mailing lists, IRC, etc.), but I haven't found
all of those links. I'd like to ask people to put them in as
appropriate; just look for FIXMEs in the page :)

Again, thanks to everyone who made this possible, and thanks for the
constructive comments.

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Meetings/Project_Meeting_2008-02-06

Federico